Wednesday, November 3, 2010

cold

Here I sit sweaty, cold on the main street of my town-Hope. A large wooden bear looms before and my muscles ache from two hours of badminton. Today I cut grass and the pincones made a racket as they got demolished by my lawnmower. Tommorow I think I will vacumn my floor and listen to some records. this weekend I want to hike and see lots of trees over a vast distance. I am happy here and I have settled into clothes that feel good on me. Travelling still happens periodically which I think I couldn't do without, mostly trips to the city to see my brother and his lover. Paul Desmond is playing with Dave Brubeck on my little digital player. I get this urge every month or so to buy vinyl like crazy and the itch has caught me again and I will go this weekend to scratch it. Nice to talk to you again!!- Nat Baker

1 comment:

  1. I missed this distanced conversation. Days ago I called your number and reached an answering machine voice which informed me that it was "Nat's Mother" and I had to question the verity of that statement. What would Nat find amusing to hide behind a Motherly voice? A lover? His alter-ego? my mind raced. Call me at my home. Love Celia.

    Ps. I Miss wood carvings.

    ReplyDelete