Sunday, December 13, 2009

Morning has broken

My co-worker could not handle the fact that I didn't have any Christmas decorations so she unloads on me a box of tacky years past decorations. I am surrounded these days by loony tunes with Christmas hats on and cheap red hanging apples. Tackiness can be a theme in itself as long as everything coincides with the theme. I have even managed a little bit of lights which I forget that I love. I am planning on baking some Christmas goodies with my new best friend, Angela. Angela has pursued an active friendship with me that contains frequent hikes in the colds, rather odd movie choices, cooking together and sharing eclectic tastes in literature and music. I am heavily benefiting from this situation and it is definitely helping scare away the depressing winter. The other week we threw a party at the local golf club which contained amazing east Indian food and a sizilin' live band. We are throwing one on new years eve at the local ski hill and I am planning on being the dj. I am rather excited about these events and I am hoping they will snowbal into a larger avenue that would include a place of our own were we can have bands play on a regular basis. Hopefully my brothers are coming to visit me at Christmas and I would love to make a large Christmas meal for them. New friends are being made and I am slowly setling myself into a life out here. - Nathanael Alan Baker

4 comments:

  1. settling has two t's. I am reading Leonard Cohen's beautiful losers and wondering if you would/do like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Natty,
    Just wanted to say "Merry Christmas" and that I hope all is well with you.
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only assume that Nat has died because it has been so long since his last post and because I call him a lot and receive. I will remember him well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always funny when someone says they were at a "golf club"...no escaping it. Sounds like you're doing well (unless as Jordan fears, you've died)(actually no, even then I'm sure that could very well be the case.) I wonder if Nat will blog in 2010.....

    ReplyDelete